Another early kick-off awaits for Jürgen Klopp, who will be hoping for a response at London Stadium. We look ahead to Saturday’s Premier League game with our West Ham vs Liverpool prediction and preview.

West Ham vs Liverpool Stats: The Quick Hits

  • The Opta supercomputer backs Liverpool for victory at London Stadium, with the visitors overcoming West Ham in 53.5% of pre-match simulations.
  • West Ham have lost 12 of their last 14 Premier League games against Liverpool.
  • Mohamed Salah has scored 11 times against West Ham in all competitions, only managing more against Manchester United (14) for Liverpool.

Match Preview

It appears there will be no dream ending to Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool tenure as his wounded Reds prepare to visit West Ham at London Stadium for Saturday’s early kick-off in the Premier League.

Everything seemed possible when Klopp announced his intention to leave at the end of the season, with Liverpool in the hunt for four trophies at the time, but they have come crashing back down to earth in recent weeks.

A dismal 1-0 loss at home to Crystal Palace stunted their Premier League title charge before Wednesday’s 2-0 defeat against fierce rivals Everton at Goodison Park inflicted further damage.

Jarrad Branthwaite opened the scoring for Everton in midweek after a string of Reds defensive errors, before Dominic Calvert-Lewin headed home in the second half. That left second-placed Liverpool three points behind leaders Arsenal heading into the weekend’s action.

Mohamed Salah, Luis Díaz and Darwin Núñez were all guilty of missing glorious chances at the other end against Jordan Pickford too, as Klopp’s team capitulated in uncharacteristic fashion at the home of their Merseyside rivals.

Adding in their UEFA Europa League elimination to Atalanta this month in the quarter-finals, Klopp appears set to depart Anfield with only EFL Cup success to his name this season, despite those dreams of an unlikely quadruple at the start of March.

Yet Klopp will be looking at the positives as he aims to rally his out-of-form side. Salah might be struggling in front of goal, but he has enjoyed facing West Ham in the past, scoring 11 times against them across all competitions, a mark that he can only better against Manchester United (14) for Liverpool.

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson have also encouragingly made returns from injury, as well as first-choice goalkeeper Alisson, though he arguably could have done more to stop Branthwaite’s opener for Everton. However, Klopp’s lineup remains without Diogo Jota, Conor Bradley, Thiago Alcântara and Joël Matip. Cody Gakpo may return on Saturday after missing the derby due to his partner going into labour.

Following a similar pattern to Liverpool’s April struggles, West Ham were thumped 5-2 by Crystal Palace in their last league outing. Michael Olise, Eberechi Eze and Jean-Philippe Mateta (2) were all on target, along with an Emerson own goal as the Hammers were embarrassed at Selhurst Park.

Having been well beaten by their London rivals, West Ham have conceded 5+ goals in three different Premier League games this season. Only in 2001-02 (four) have they done so in more different games in a single campaign in the competition.

Michail Antonio managed to get on the scoresheet in the Palace hammering, though. After also scoring against Bayer Leverkusen in their Europa League quarter-final elimination, the Jamaica striker is looking to score in three consecutive games for West Ham in all competitions for the first time since August 2021.

Jarrod Bowen should return after missing two top-flight games with a back problem, too. The former Hull City forward has scored in both of West Ham’s meetings with Liverpool this season – the only Hammers player to score in three different games against the Reds in a single campaign is Geoff Hurst in 1964-65.

Bowen’s return could coincide with a comeback for Nayef Aguerd and Konstantinos Mavropanos, though George Earthy remains out after his concerning head injury in a collision with Edson Álvarez against Fulham earlier this month.

Moyes will hope that returning trio can boost his eighth-placed side as West Ham chase Europa League qualification next term, trailing Newcastle United by two points and Manchester United – in sixth – by five heading into this early kick-off.

West Ham vs Liverpool Head-to-Head

West Ham have lost 12 of their last 14 Premier League games against Liverpool, though both exceptions in this run came at home (1-1 in February 2019, 3-2 in November 2021).

That dominant Liverpool streak against the Hammers all came under Klopp, who has only won more Premier League games versus Palace (13) than his 12 against West Ham.

Liverpool have already beaten West Ham 3-1 in the Premier League and 5-1 in the EFL Cup this season at Anfield, though they’ve never managed to beat them three times in a single campaign from 10 attempts.

Liverpool v West Ham stats

Moyes may still be concerned for this one considering West Ham have conceded at least once in each of their last 15 games against the Reds and let in multiple goals in 12 of those games.

Recent Form

West Ham’s home form has left much for Moyes to ponder after only winning one of their last eight Premier League games at London Stadium (D5 L2), beating Brentford 4-2 in February.

Moyes’ team lost 2-0 against Fulham last time out but haven’t suffered consecutive home league defeats since a run of three in November/December 2022.

In terms of the visitors, Liverpool have both scored and conceded in their last seven Premier League away games against London sides. That run started with a 2-1 win at West Ham almost a year ago as Gakpo and Matip were on target after Lucas Paquetá’s opener.

The Reds have also lost to Tottenham and Arsenal on the road this season but haven’t fallen to three league defeats in London in a single campaign since 2014-15.

Opta Power Rankings

The Opta Power Rankings are a global team ranking system that assigns an ability score to over 13,000 domestic football teams on a scale between zero and 100, where zero is the worst-ranked team in the world and 100 is the best team in the world.

Ahead of the early kick-off this weekend, here is the Opta Power Ranking for both sides.

West Ham vs Liverpool Predicted Lineups

West Ham predicted team v Liverpool
Liverpool predicted team v West Ham

West Ham vs Liverpool Prediction

The Opta supercomputer backs Liverpool to triumph at London Stadium, with the visitors winning 53.5% of 10,000 pre-match simulations.

West Ham are winless in their last two league games and only won here in 20.9% of data-led sims, while a point apiece occurred in 25.6%.

In Opta’s end-of-season predictions, Liverpool have just a 2.7% chance of winning the title – behind Man City (62.2%) and Arsenal (35.1%) – while West Ham drop one league-table position down to ninth most often at 34.3%.

West Ham vs Liverpool Prediction Premier League

Enjoy this? Subscribe to our football newsletter to receive exclusive weekly content. You should also follow our social accounts over on XInstagramTikTok and Facebook.