Arsenal register their joint-biggest away league win in history. Here’s all the best facts and numbers via our West Ham vs Arsenal stats page.
A superb performance from Arsenal saw Mikel Arteta’s men respond to Liverpool and Manchester City’s victories yesterday with a thumping 6-0 win at West Ham.
A brace from Bukayo Saka and goals from William Saliba, Declan Rice, Leandro Trossard and Gabriel Magalhães brought up Arsenal’s joint-biggest away league win.
Check out the best post-match Opta facts below, and investigate the game yourself with our Opta match centre.
West Ham 0-6 Arsenal: Post-Match Opta Facts
- West Ham suffered their joint-heaviest home defeat in their league history, while the only other time they’ve lost by six goals in the top-flight came back in December 1963 against Blackburn Rovers (8-2).
- Arsenal registered their joint-biggest margin of victory in an away league match, and their first such win by six goals since December 1935 against Aston Villa (7-1). This was also their joint-biggest win in a London derby in league competition, with all three of those ending 6-0.
- For only the second time in the Premier League, a side managed by David Moyes conceded 6+ goals in a home game – both instances came in matches against Arsenal (also Everton 1-6 Arsenal in August 2009).
- This was West Ham manager David Moyes’ 683rd game in the Premier League, and the first time he had seen his side go into half-time trailing by four goals. Indeed, it was also the first time a Moyes team have conceded four goals in the first half of a Premier League match.
- With Arsenal’s 6-0 win at West Ham and Newcastle’s 8-0 win at Sheffield United, 2023-24 is the first English top-flight season to see two separate 6+ goal victories by away sides since 1959-60 (Man Utd 6-0 Blackpool & West Brom 7-1 Birmingham City).
- Arsenal’s Declan Rice assisted two goals in a Premier League game for the first time in his career, with today being his 228th game in the competition. With his second half strike, it was also the first time he’s been directly involved in 3+ goals in a Premier League match.
- Arsenal have scored the most goals from corners of any team in the Premier League this season (11), with each of the last three being headers from centre backs (Gabriel Magalhães x2 and William Saliba today).
- Gabriel Magalhães has scored 14 goals for Arsenal in the Premier League, the most of any defender in the competition since the start of 2020-21. Overall, Laurent Koscielny (22) is the only defender who has netted more goals for Arsenal in the Premier League than the Brazilian (14).
West Ham 0-6 Arsenal Timeline
West Ham 0-6 Arsenal Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all of the West Ham vs Arsenal stats from Sunday’s Premier League clash.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own post-match analysis of the game.