We look back at the AFCON semi-final tie at Alassane Ouattara Stadium in Abidjan with our Ivory Coast vs DR Congo stats page. The host nation have reached the final of AFCON 2023 following this narrow win and will face Nigeria on Sunday.
Ivory Coast 1-0 DR Congo: Post-Match Opta Facts
- Ivory Coast have become the first host nation to reach the CAF Africa Cup of Nations final since Egypt in 2006. This will be the fourth final for the Elephants at the AFCON in the 21st century.
- This will be the fourth final for the Elephants at the AFCON in the 21st century, only Egypt (5) have played more in this period.
- On the last occasion that they defeated DR Congo in the semi-finals of AFCON (2015), they went on to win the tournament.
- DR Congo have lost four of their six CAF Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals, including the last three (vs South Africa in 1998, vs Côte d’Ivoire in 2015 & 2023). This is the first time the Leopards have lost against a host nation at the AFCON since 2006 (1-4 v Egypt in quarter-final).
- Sébastien Haller was involved in his third goal for Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations (2 goals, 1 assist), finding the net for the second time at the AFCON after his first goal on 16 January 2022 against Sierra Leone.
- Max-Alain Gradel has been involved in eight goals for Côte d’Ivoire at the Africa Cup of Nations (4 goals, 4 assists). Since Opta began collect these metrics for the competition (2010), only Yaya Touré (9 – 4 goals, 5 assists) has been involved in more goals for the Elephants at the AFCON.
Ivory Coast vs DR Congo Timeline
Ivory Coast vs DR Congo Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all of the Ivory Coast vs DR Congo stats from Wednesday’s AFCON semi-final game.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own post-match analysis of the game.