We bring you all the data from this Premier League meeting at St James’ Park, with our key Newcastle vs Manchester City stats. Kevin De Bruyne returned after 155 days out to turn the game on its head with a goal and an assist to send Man City second.
Newcastle vs Manchester City Post-Match Facts
- Oscar Bobb’s winner was his first ever Premier League goal for Man City. He’s the youngest player (20y 185d) to score a 90th-minute winner for the club since Gabriel Jesus against Swansea in February 2017 (19y 308d).
- Kevin De Bruyne has scored (one) or assisted (three) a goal in all three of his substitute appearances in all competitions this season. His goal was Manchester City’s 100th in the Premier League against Newcastle, the first side they’ve netted a century against in the competition.
- Newcastle have lost consecutive Premier League home games for the first time since October 2021, also conceding three goals in both defeats back then.
- Manchester City are just the fourth side in Premier League history to have won at least three successive away games despite trailing in each one after Leeds in October 1999, Tottenham in December 2013 and Manchester United in December 2020 (a run of six).
- Twenty-eight of Kevin De Bruyne’s 65 Premier League goals have come from outside the box – of players to score at least 50 in the competition, only David Beckham (55%) has netted a higher share from distance than the Belgian (43%).
- Alexander Isak is the first Swedish player to score 10+ goals in consecutive Premier League campaigns. He also became the fourth player to score 10+ goals in his first two Premier League campaigns for Newcastle United, after Peter Beardsley (1993-94, 1994-95), Les Ferdinand (1995-96, 1996-97) and Demba Ba (2011-12, 2012-13).
- Bernardo Silva has scored in three consecutive Premier League away games for Man City for the first time since December 2021, while the Portuguese has now had a hand in eight goals in his last eight games on the road (four goals, four assists).
- Anthony Gordon has been involved in seven goals in his last seven Premier League home games for Newcastle (five goals, two assists). Overall, five of his six home league goals this season have come against former Premier League champions (Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City).
- Kevin De Bruyne became the first Manchester City player to both score and assist in a Premier League game as a substitute since Sergio Agüero vs Cardiff in January 2014.
- Since his first Premier League start this season in December, Newcastle’s Martin Dúbravka has made more saves than any other keeper in the competition (39). However, he’s also conceded more goals than any other keeper in that time (18).
- There were just 139 seconds between Alexander Isak equalising, and Anthony Gordon putting Newcastle United 2-1 ahead. It’s the fastest a team has scored twice against Man City in the Premier League since Tottenham in January last year (127 seconds).
Newcastle vs Manchester Timeline
Newcastle vs Manchester City Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all the Newcastle vs Manchester City stats from Saturday’s Premier League game at St James’ Park.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own analysis of the game.