Jürgen Klopp’s men blew away their visitors at Anfield on Wednesday, despite Darwin Núñez’s woes in front of goal. We’ve collated the key Liverpool vs Chelsea stats and facts from the thrilling clash.
Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea Post-Match Facts
● This victory for Liverpool ended their run of eight games without a win against Chelsea and seven consecutive draws with the Blues in all competitions, beating them for the first time since September 2020.
● No Premier League team has lost more away games in all competitions since the start of last season than Chelsea (22), with the Blues now losing six of their last seven on the road (W1).
● Liverpool’s 28 shots in this game is the joint-most on record (since 2003-04) any side has had in a Premier League match against Chelsea, while their 13 shots on target is the most the Blues have faced in a league match in that time.
● This was Liverpool’s biggest margin of victory in a Premier League game against Chelsea since May 2012, when they beat the Blues 4-1 at Anfield under Kenny Dalglish.
● Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp became the seventh manager to win 200 Premier League games, with only Pep Guardiola (269) doing so in fewer matches than the German (318).
● Aged 20 years and 206 days, Conor Bradley became the youngest Liverpool player to both score and assist a goal in a Premier League match since Raheem Sterling in August 2014 against Southampton (19y 252d).
● Liverpool’s Darwin Núñez has hit the woodwork nine times in the Premier League this season, with no other player doing so more than three times. He also became the first player on record (since 2003-04) to hit the woodwork four times in a single Premier League match.
● Darwin Núñez provided his 11th assist in all competitions for Liverpool this season, with only Bukayo Saka (12) providing more among Premier League players in 2023-24.
● Darwin Núñez’s penalty miss was Liverpool’s 40th failed penalty attempt in the Premier League, with only Manchester United (43) missing more in the competition’s history.
Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea Timeline
Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all of the Liverpool vs Chelsea stats from Wednesday’s Premier League game at Anfield.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own post-match analysis of the game.