It wasn’t a Premier League classic by any means, but we deliver the Everton vs Aston Villa stats from this afternoon’s meeting at Goodison Park.
Everton 0-0 Aston Villa Post-Match Facts
- This was Aston Villa boss Unai Emery’s first ever 0-0 draw as a manager in the Premier League, in his 97th match in charge in the competition. This is the longest start to a Premier League managerial career before being involved in a 0-0 by any manager in the competition’s history.
- Aston Villa (107) and Everton (104) have been involved in more Premier League goalless draws than any other sides, with eight of those coming in meetings against one another; only Everton v Liverpool (12) and Everton v Tottenham (9) have seen more 0-0s in the competition.
- Aston Villa are unbeaten in 10 Premier League meetings with Everton (W7 D3), their longest top-flight unbeaten run against a single opponent since another run against Everton from November 2006 to January 2012 (12 games).
- Since a run of four consecutive league wins between 2-16 December, Sean Dyche’s Everton side have failed to win each of their last four matches in the competition (D1 L3).
- This was only the third time this season that Aston Villa failed to score in a Premier League game (also vs Liverpool in September and Nottingham Forest in November), while their 16 shots against Everton was their most in any of those three in which they failed to score.
- Séamus Coleman made his 355th Premier League appearance for Everton, surpassing Tim Howard (354) as the club’s record appearance maker in the competition.
Everton vs Aston Villa Timeline
Everton vs Aston Villa Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all the Everton vs Aston Villa stats from Sunday’s Premier League game at Goodison Park.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own analysis of the game.