Manchester United needed to win. They had one shot on target and lost 1-0. We look back at all the need-to-know data from Old Trafford on our Manchester United 0-1 Bayern Munich stats recap.
Manchester United vs Bayern Munich: Post Match Facts
- Manchester United have finished bottom of their UEFA Champions League group for just the second time, previously doing so in 2005-06.
- Bayern Munich have now won each of their last nine away group games in the UEFA Champions League, extending the longest such run in the competition’s history.
- This is just the second time in the UEFA Champions League that Manchester United have lost two home group games in the competition (also against Galatasaray), previously doing so in 1996-97 against Fenerbahçe and Juventus.
- Manchester United have now lost 12 of their 24 games in all competitions this season (W11 D1), as many defeats as they suffered in the entirety of the 2022-23 campaign (P62 W41 D9 L12).
- Each of Bayern Munich forward Kingsley Coman’s last five goals in the UEFA Champions League have been away from home, compared to just two of his first 11 (8 home goals, 1 neutral).
- Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane is the first player in the big five European leagues across all competitions this season to reach 30 goal involvements (22 goals, eight assists), registering his third assist in the UEFA Champions League this season, his most in a single edition of the competition.
- Manchester United have conceded 15 goals in the UEFA Champions League this season, the most ever by a Premier League side in a single group stage in the competition.
Manchester United vs Bayern Munich Timeline
Manchester United vs Bayern Munich Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all the Manchester United vs Bayern Munich stats following tonight’s UCL game at Old Trafford.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own analysis of the game from kick-off and beyond.