We bring you the need-to-know Luton vs Arsenal stats from tonight’s dramatic Premier League game at Kenilworth Road. The Gunners’ eventually won 4-3 thanks to Declan Rice’s 97th-minute header, despite falling behind earlier in the second half.
Luton vs Arsenal Facts
- Bukayo Saka became the fourth youngest player to play 200 games in all competitions for Arsenal (22y 91d). His assist for Gabriel Martinelli’s opener was his 11th of the season in all comps, more than any other player in Europe’s big five leagues.
- Declan Rice’s winner at 96:23 was Arsenal’s latest winning goal on record (since 2006-07) in a Premier League away game. It also ended a 10-game winless run away against Luton in all competitions, earning their first Kenilworth Road victory since 1984.
- Arsenal had 52 touches in the opposition box against Luton this evening, their highest tally in a Premier League away game since September 2016 (55 vs Hull City).
- Arsenal conceded three goals in a Premier League match for the first time this season, shipping as many goals tonight as in their previous six away games this term. Meanwhile, Luton scored three goals in a top-flight match for the first time since April 1991 (3-3 v Chelsea).
- Declan Rice is the third different Arsenal player to score two 90th-minute winning goals in a single Premier League campaign, after Ian Wright (1993-94 and 1995-96) and Nicklas Bendtner (2009-10).
- Arsenal conceded twice from a corner in this match, the first time they’d done so in a Premier League match since August 2017 against Leicester City (a match they also won 4-3). They’d only conceded one corner goal in the league this season before tonight.
- Ross Barkley scored his first goal for Luton Town, and his first Premier League goal at all in 562 days since scoring for Chelsea against Watford in May 2022.
- Kai Havertz has scored three goals in his last four games for Arsenal in all competitions, as many as in his previous 32 club appearances combined.
- Arsenal’s Gabriel Jesus has been involved in six goals in his last five appearances in all competitions, both scoring and assisting a goal in three different games in this run.
Luton vs Arsenal Timeline
Luton vs Arsenal Stats Centre
Our live Opta match centre delivers you all the Luton vs Arsenal stats from Tuesday night’s Premier League game at Kenilworth Road.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own analysis of the game from kick-off and beyond.