Manchester United lost 4-3 in Copenhagen despite holding the lead twice during this UEFA Champions League match. We look back at the match with the key Copenhagen vs Manchester United stats and facts.
FC Copenhagen 4-3 Manchester United Stats: Post-Match
• Roony Bardghji (17y 358d) was the youngest player to score against Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League, while he is only the second 17-year-old to score against an English side in the competition, after Jude Bellingham v Man City in April 2021.
• Manchester United lost a UEFA Champions League match in which they led by 2+ goals for the very first time. In all competitions, this was the Red Devils’ first defeat after taking a two-goal lead since September 2014, when they lost a Premier League game 5-3 to Leicester City.
• Among Premier League sides, only Burnley (10) have lost more games in all competitions than Manchester United (9) this season. Nine defeats is the Red Devils’ most in their opening 17 matches of a season since 1973-74 (also 9) under Tommy Docherty.
• Rasmus Højlund is Manchester United’s top scorer in all competitions this season with five goals, with all five strikes coming in the UEFA Champions League. Højlund has reached five goals in the competition in four appearances, the quickest any player has ever done so for the Red Devils.
• Aged 20 years and 277 days, Rasmus Højlund became the youngest player to score twice in an away UEFA Champions League match for Man Utd.
• Mohamed Elyounoussi has two goals in four UEFA Champions League games for FC København, as many as he scored in 11 appearances in the competition for Basel beforehand. He scored his first goal against Man Utd in his sixth appearance in all competitions against them.
• Diogo Gonçalves became only the second player to both score and assist a goal in the same UEFA Champions League game for FC København, after Marcus Allbäck against Celtic in December 2006.
• Marcus Rashford was given only his second red card in 374 Manchester United appearances in all competitions, and first since September 2018 v Burnley.
• Jonny Evans made his first UEFA Champions League appearance for Manchester United since December 2013 v Shakhtar, nine years and 333 days ago. The only player to have a longer gap between games played for the same English club in the competition is Cristiano Ronaldo, also for Man Utd (12y 110d).
FC Copenhagen 4-3 Manchester United Timeline
FC Copenhagen vs Manchester United Stats Centre
Our Opta match centre delivers you all the FC Copenhagen vs Manchester United stats from the UEFA Champions League clash at the Parken Stadium in Denmark.
The match centre below includes team and player stats, expected goals data, passing networks, an Opta chalkboard and more. It gives you everything you need to do your own analysis after the game.